| Dear Friends, It is 4 days until Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for and joyous over, and are just so blessed in so many ways, yet grieve so heavily that Jerry will not be with us for the first time this year during the holidays. This next season of our life will be the hardest since it will be the year of "the firsts." First Thanksgiving and Christmas without him, first for other holidays, birthdays, etc. Although we are in a season of fierce suffering, we know that God is always with us. He knows what is happening and all the intricate details of our life, and can walk with us through our circumstances. Psalm 46:1 tells us that He is our Rescuer, Deliverer, and our Refuge in life's storms. I am able to make it each day only by keeping my eyes on Jesus. Keeping our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2) I want you to pray for the Anderson 3 this week. I am going ahead with some Thanksgiving plans that Jerry and I had already decided on back in July before we ever knew he was sick. We had planned to go to Yosemite National Park along with two of our dear neighbor families, and a third family, to an RV campsite for the Thanksgiving holiday. The trip was already planned and spots reserved, and I feel like if Jerry could send me a message he would really want the kids and I to go ahead with these plans if at all possible, besides the kids are really excited. My brother, Greg, has offered to come and go with us to help drive my RV and help me with all the set up, etc, which I am very grateful for. On second thought, my dear neighbors, the Rennick's and Patterson's, may need your prayers more than us...they may not know what they have gotten themselves into having to mess with the Anderson family! Please pray for our safety and that we will feel God's presence in a big and mighty way! Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10) Praying boldly for God's gentle guidance! Candy |
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was thinking of you tonight and it occurred to me to read your blog (haven't done it in a while)So well written, Candy. Hope Yosemite is a good place for you to spend your first Thanksgiving "alone". Your autopilot sure seems aimed in the right direction.
Looking forward to another walk when you get back.
love,
Trish
I have been thinking about you and wondering how your plans were coming. I know I will continue to think about you and pray for you during the Thanksgivig holiday. Your brother is such a blessing!
Love,
Stasia
We are praying diligently for you through these days. I hope that you can enjoy a little bit with friends and family. I know the coming days will be full of emotion for you and for the kids. Know you are all being lifted up in prayer.
We Love You,
Laura
Post a Comment