| Dear Friends, I am really missing Jerry. He is constantly on my mind - in every waking thought. The sadness is sometimes extremely overwhelming. I look for him in everything we do and picture how he was always there. I just miss his mere presence. I saw an episode of Oprah this last year in which Jerry Seinfeld was the guest. He was talking about his wife, Jessica. He commented that he liked her "aroundness," and he explained that he just liked knowing that she was "around." Perhaps not in the same room as him, but just knowing that she was present in the home somewhere. That's what I miss about Jerry. His "aroundness," and just knowing that he was around and present - even if we weren't interacting at the time, or were in separate parts of the house doing our own thing, I knew he was there. I miss his laugh and the sound of his voice. I now frequently find myself calling our home phone number and listening to the voice mail message just to hear him speaking. I cannot for the life of me record over our home phone message and probably never will as long as we have this number. So, if you call our home and we are not available, you will hear Jerry on our message center. This has happened a few times now to family and friends and I can tell by their broken voices while they leave a message that it was touching and emotional for them to hear his voice (sorry Dinah). BUT, this also speaks volumes to me knowing that Jerry was so well loved! Please know that we love to talk about Jerry (in our grief, it is such a comfort). His name is spoken every day in our house and we share memories of him constantly. While walking with my neighbor, Pam, this past Friday, she shared with me certain things she missed about Jerry and some little "phrases" that he always used that she liked. It made me smile and even laugh a little! This is such a comfort to me and I find it so enjoyable to hear others share things about Jerry that they remember or liked. So, please do not be afraid to talk about him! It is day by day, moment by moment, but my hope is in the Lord! Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:22-25 Hug, love and enjoy your families today. Give thanks for the day, and take nothing for granted. This verse was written on the programs at Jerry's memorial services and I want to share it with you again: You do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist (vapor) that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, I will live and do this or that." James 4:14-15 Cherish life! Praying boldly for God's guidance, Candy |
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Candy,
You will probably never know fully how much your blogs mean to everyone. The verses you shared in this blog really spoke to me today. I understand your feelings about wanting to talk about Jerry and have others talk about him. Why do we think we need to avoid mentioning a deceased person's name? I suppose we are afraid of upsetting their loved ones. I remember when my mother passed away I wanted to talk about her and most people avoided even saying her name. I wish I had known Jerry better. He always seemed like such a quiet person, but he always had that megawatt smile. I am still lifting you and the children to the Lord.
Love,
Jill
Candy,
I am just sitting here in Jonesboro wondering what I can do for you. I just feel so helpless. All I can do is lift you up in prayer. I am so glad that you have so many friends and family and I hope that you know we are all still praying for you. I know that this will be a long road for you. Thank you for blogging. It just helps me to know how to pray and just lets me know you are making it day by day. I hope that you will just cry out to Jesus when you feel that you can do nothing else. He will carry you.We love you!
Love,
Dana
I just wanted you to know that I think of you often and wonder how you are coping with everything. I feel connected to you through this blog, so thanks for sharing. You are an inspiration to me as you turn to God for comfort. Love ya, Andrea U.
Post a Comment