Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dear Friends,

Every time I get on the blog and see the pictures on the left side I stare at each one and remember each instance in which they were taken. I thought I'd share with you about each picture. The first one of our family on the bluff overlooking the ocean was taken in Maui over this past Spring Break. It was our first time to go to Hawaii and we had a really nice family vacation together. It was full of lots of fun and many, many happy memories. I am so happy and feel so blessed, and am extremely grateful to God that we were able to have that time together and see such a beautiful part of his creation that we'd not seen before. The best part is that we were in Maui over Jerry's 41st birthday. His birthday was March 28. As a birthday present to himself, he rented a bike and biked up the Haleakala which is a dormant volcano. It has a summit of just over 10,000 feet and when at the summit there is a 3,000' deep crater that you can peer down into which is 7 miles long, 2 miles wide and 21 miles in circumference. Jerry was able to make it up the Haleakala to 7,000 feet before turning around and biking back down. Another guy was also biking up the Haleakala that day celebrating his 35th birthday which was the day before Jerry's, March 27. This guy's wife and her parents were driving a "support car" following her husband and they stopped and talked to Jerry. The wife took 2 pictures of Jerry biking up the volcano that day and e-mailed them to him later. I so cherish these pictures now and am so happy that someone stopped and did that for him that day.

The next picture of Natalie and Jerry was taken at the American Girl Store in LA. We had surprised Natalie with a visit to that store for her 11th birthday. Jerry was helping her shop for doll clothes! Such a sweet memory now and I hope Natalie can always remember that day when she looks at this picture.

Batman and Robin is, of course, Jerry and Joshua! They wore these costumes to a Halloween party last October 2007. Joshua already had his "Robin" costume and Jerry surprised us by finding the "Batman" costume for himself so they could go as a "team". I didn't even know Jerry knew how to shop by himself? !!

The last picture of Jerry and I was taken at his surprise 40th birthday party! We were on a catamaran in the Santa Barbara Channel. It was a lot of fun.

Hope you don't mind me sharing my memories with you that surround these pictures!

Praying Boldly for God's Guidance,

Candy


2 comments:

shanda said...

Candy I LOVE you sharing these memories of Jerry. The car one cracked me up! (I never had the guts to actuly through them out the window). I also enjoyed hearing the stories behind the beautiful pictures. Thank you for allowing us to be with you in these bloggs. You encourage me and strengthen my own walk with the Lord as I see all He is doing in you. Praise be to the God that will never leave us of forsake us. Some times all I see is words in the bible ... then the spirit comes whom brings the words to life through others. Thank you Candy

Love Shanda

Anonymous said...

Candy I think of you everyday & pray for your strength. I hope we see you someday soon! We love you & miss you.
Jenny
Larry
Chloe
Macey