Everyone:
Candy asked me to update the blog this afternoon and ask for everyone's prayers. The second round of chemo for Jerry has not been effective and the doctors have said his organs are beginning to shut down. The doctors have recommended that Jerry not be resuscitated allowing him to go peacefully when it comes to that.
Please pray to the Lord that He covers Candy, Natalie and Joshua with a peace and comfort that only He can provide. And pray that when it is time, that He takes Jerry peacefully and without pain.
In Him,
-Scott Philbrick
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think I'm just kind of speechless. I'm so sad.
The only verse that just keeps popping out to me is "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17. Right now, I have to believe He is there with you...singing some tender quiet words of comfort while He rejoices at your steadfast and unwavering faith.
Candy, as I've said in my emails, I'm just praying for you to be clearheaded with the super human strength you need right now.
We, along with special friends of ours, are praying moment to moment for your family.
Sending our love.
Harley and LeighAnn Petty
Candy,
We are just so burdened for you. May Gods love surround you like never before. You are in our constant prayers. You have been such a rock and I know God has a plan for this. It is just so very hard to see through the tears. We love you Candy and would do anything in the world for you. Just hold on to Jesus and don't let go!!!!
Love,
Kevin and Dana
"Father, would you please wrap Candy, Natalie, Joshua, and their families in your comforting arms right now? Give them a peace that they could not possibly understand during this time. It comes only from you. Help them rest in knowing that Jerry will be pain free in your presence. Help Natalie and Joshua be filled with your strength and understanding as they have watched their mother do so beautifully. May you receive glory and honor through this terrible tragedy."
Candy,
Words cannot begin to express how deeply saddened we are. We are praying non-stop for all of you. We love all of you dearly.
Paul, Laura, Jonathan, & Meagan
Tell Jerry to look for Lamar Murry. He would be a great one to show him around. He did a pretty good job with me in this life. I know he will be glad to hang out with Jerry until someone better comes along. Dad will be the one with the smile on his face and the really big crown.
We love you and our hearts reach out to you as our prayers are lifted. My prayer is that whatever happens in the next few hours that you will be able to lay your head down in the lap of God's love. And that you will feel the physical presence of the God of Wonders in a way that you have never thought possible.
I wish we could be there with you.
Shea
3 John 2
Candy,
Brad and I have prayed for you and for Jerry throughout this horrible time. While reading your comments we have been greatful that God has given you the gifts of peace, strength, faith, and laughter in spite of such a difficult time. Jerry will continue to be prayed for in this life and beyond. His spirit, not be bound by human boundaries anymore, will live on in you, Nat, and Joshua. I can't think of anyone better to carry on his legacy. We love you so much. All our prayers are there with you.
Brad, Steph, Andrew, and Deborah
Post a Comment