| Dear Friends, The kids carved their pumpkins tonight and did a great job. It was sad for me knowing that Jerry wasn't sitting in his leather recliner watching TV as the pumpkins were being carved. He was always so very proud of the kids and always had funny comments and made us laugh. Natalie and Joshua were talking tonight and were sharing with each other a memory they had of daddy while we were on a family vacation last year before school started. We had been to the San Diego Zoo. Both kids had these animal buckets that their lunch was served in at the zoo. They were both flinging these buckets back and forth to each other in the seats behind Jerry and I...just playing like kids do when you're on a road trip. Well, evidently it was beginning to get on Jerry's nerves and he had had enough. He very calmly asked to see the buckets and when they handed them to him he flung both buckets to the back of our SUV...while driving! I even remember it was silent for a second, then we all started laughing. We had a good chuckle again tonight remembering this. Praying boldly for God's guidance! Candy |
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Carving Pumpkins
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That was a good way to handle the situation - I'm glad everyone was able to laugh and take care of an annoyance at the same time! It is easier to get angry and yell - Jerry was so creative!
Candy,
We have been following your journey for many weeks and praying for you and your sweet family. I wish we could have attended the LR service. Please feel the hugs and kisses we are sending your way. I miss your laugh and the way you used to tell me, "Kelley, you are a funny girl!" I miss Jerry's kind and gentle ways...What great memories we have!
Please know that we continue to pray for all of you and love you from afar!!
Toby, Kelley, Erik and Morgan Simers
Hi Candy,
I just wanted to stop by and tell you and Natalie and Joshua hello and that we love you. I find myself checking the blog several times a day to see if you've posted anything! I so much enjoy your updates and hearing how the kids are doing...I find it almost therapeutic to read your blog, I feel as though it is helping me in dealing with the loss of my sweet cousin. I also know that it is helping my dad as well. While he having a difficult time, I can tell that your words are helping him.
While your sharing fond memories with us, I thought that you might like to her some fond memories that I've recently heard. I was talking with my dad the other day and I was telling him about the service in Little Rock. I told him that in the middle of the service microphones were passed around to whomever wanted to share stories about Jerry Pat. I asked my dad if he had a favorite memory and he told me of a trip that he had taken to visit Joe and Carolyn and the kids when Jerry Pat and Jody were in high school. He said he was surprised that Jerry Pat and Jody invited him to go "cruising" around town and wanted to hang out with him. He said that was just Jerry Pat's personality, he didn't see my dad as his uncle more as a friend, and it's something that my dad will always cherish. He is mourning the loss of his nephew and his friend.
Being the youngest grandchild, I find myself jealous that I don't have as many memories as everyone else does. I hear stories from my older cousins, my uncles and aunts, and my parents and I wish that I could have known him as long as they did. This is why I never sleep at family reunions, I'm afraid I'm going to miss out on something that will become a funny story in the future!
Getting back to fond memories, my brother told me that his favorite times with Jerry Pat were spent on the basketball court or in the volleyball pit. He says that he always wanted Jerry Pat on his team and that he was a great athlete. Well as good as an Anderson can be!
My mom says she just loved watching him with you and the kids. He was a great man and she could see the love in his eyes whenever he looked at you or Natalie or Joshua.
For fear of breaking the world record for longest comment ever left, I'm going to go. But remember what I told you after the service, you are just as much my cousin as he was, and you will always be apart of my family.
I love you all very much...
Melissa
Post a Comment