Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dear Friends,

Today is my sweet Jerry's Memorial Service in California. I'm asking that you pray for me, Natalie and Joshua, along with my parents, sister and 3 brothers that are here with me. The sun is shining bright and it is a truly beautiful day in Santa Barbara. Our hearts are extremely saddened and very heavy with grief at the moment. Please pray that as his wife, I can serve Jerry today, and serve him well, and that his memory will truly be honored. When our precious God looks down upon me today, it is my prayer that He is able to say "Well done, well done thy good and faithful servant."

Praying boldly for God's grace and strength for this day, along with a peace that passes all understanding,

Candy

8 comments:

Jill Stacy said...

Candy,

I am praying that you will "be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." 2 Tim 2:1

I also pray for peace and comfort for you, Natalie, Joshua and all your family.

I will see you this weekend.

Love,
Jill

ScottJ said...

Candy-

Know that you have served both Jerry and the Lord more than is humanly possible (but possible in Christ) throughout this ordeal. Scripture tells us there is a time for grief, mourning, sadness and heavy hearts and that time is now. Don't feel like you have to keep your grief inside.

Jennifer and I just booked a flight to Little Rock (actually Memphis (long story)) thanks to a friend who gave us all their frequent flier miles. So we will see you on Saturday.

-Scott Johnson

Leanne Lepley said...

My heart is with you and the kids. Also, with your family too. I know they all loved Jerry.

Leanne

Michelle Darr said...

Candy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Natalie, Joshua and the rest of your family.

We will see you Friday.

Love,
Kent, Michelle, Brady and Blake

Amy J. Baird said...

Amazing Candy,

Today I pray for your continued strength and grace as we honor Jerry we also honor you as his survivor, partner, best friend, faithful wife and mother of two beautiful children. You have friends here to lean on not just today but in the days, weeks and months to come--know we are here for you--and I'll be stopping in to pray with you and hold your hand it the tough times!

God bless you Candy, Natalie & Joshua.

With love and admiration,

Amy Julia

connie ross said...

Hello Candy,
My name is Connie Ross and I work at Dean McGee Eye Institute with Leanne. I've watched your blog daily and prayed for your journey along the way. I sent prayer request as far as the Georgia Coast. My sorrow is really heavy for your entire family but my joy and strength is in the Lord.

We always seek Gods will in everything we do, but at times His (will) we don't understand. The morning that Jerry passed as I was getting up; God shared His passage with me "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!" All I could say was Thank you Lord with tears in my heart.

I have never met you but feel as though I know you in Christ. Your amazing walk with the Lord just lifted me to the highest heavens. Thank you for your strength and courage to persevere thru the raging storm but yet still stand firm in the faith the Lord has called you to. "A TRUE SERVANT"
May God Bless you and your little ones on the rest of your journey, '
Sister in Christ

laurapaulm said...

Candy,

There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord is saying "well done good and faithful servant". You have honored both God and Jerry more beautifully than anyone could imagine. It's been obvious that you have been relying on Christ's strength. Like Scott said, this is a time for grieving and mourning. You need to grieve. I've been praying all day for all of you, and am praying for you as you travel to Little Rock.

We'll see you Friday evening.

We love you,
Paul & Laura

Anonymous said...

Candy,
Dana and I are just heartbroken for you and the kids. We have been praying daily for you throughout this journey and will continue. Some of the best advice I received when I lost my sister came from Brother Ray Higgins...he told me to read the Psalms. I did, and 10 years later I continue to go to the Psalms regularly. Particularly, Psalm 119 is full of encouraging words from God to let you know that He is our hiding place, His word is a light to our path, and it gives us life in our affliction or sorrow. I cannot begin to imagine your sorrow, but I know that God feels every pain, and sees every tear. I hope these words comfort you. I'll never forget that 10 years ago, you and Jerry came to Piggott, AR to my sister's funeral to support me. That meant so much to me, I don't know if I ever told you guys that, but I wanted to tell you that now. We will see you this weekend in Little Rock.
We love you,
Kevin Rouse