| "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints." Psalm 116-15 Jerry's service today in Santa Barbara was beautiful. The most beautiful picture that I keep seeing in my mind is when Natalie and Joshua participated in the releasing of the doves and watching them circle around in the sky with the mountains in the background. It was such a picturesque scene and so very touching. I thank each of you who attended to honor Jerry's memory. I am truly touched by the number of individuals in attendance. My family is still so amazed by the outpouring of love, care and concern that we have received these last few weeks. They just keep saying over and over and over..."If we didn't know better, we would have thought that you had lived here for 20 years." Thank you to all our Santa Barbara friends! We love you! We love you! Candy, Natalie and Joshua |
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Candy,
I often wonder about you and where your journey has taken you. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. It has been many years but know that I think of you! God be with you and your children during this difficult time.
Shelley Sailor
Jonesboro, AR
I am a FORTUNATE one to know Candy -- and to have met Jerry just a few days after the birth of Joshua.
What a warm and loving home I walked into. What a warm and loving heart I saw in Jerry when he came into the room.
Here's how it happened. My sister, Cindy Cupit worked with Candy. If not for her I would not have known either of them, nor their beautiful children.
My experience was just a glimpse.
I went with Cindy to visit Candy right after Joshua was born.
Candy was a proud new mother. Natalie a proud new sister. And, we -- proud friends.
Cindy and I visited with Candy. Held Joshua. Loved Natalie and her glow of having a new baby brother.
Then, Jerry came into the house. Candy smiled, looked to him and had eyes brightly lit -- proud.
"Big Sister" Natalie jumped around and told daddy many things about what had happened while he had been gone.
You know, I don't remember "SEEING" Jerry. I could not have told you if he was blonde, blue eyes or what.
But, I DO remember FEELING Jerry. And his strength and love for his family. (A little Jealousy that I've enjoyed over the years. For it's always nice to know a family that you can be "jealous" of -- something to build your dreams on.)
Last I saw Candy was at the "going away" party when they were moving to California.
It was all about "Jerry". I was impressed that this young MOTHER had turned to be a beautiful WOMAN. Self assured. Confident. Happy. Much I thought had to be attributed to her husband.
And still had those beautiful -- brightly lit eyes -- talking about Jerry.
-------------------------------
Jerry and Candy. And Natalie and Joshua. You all touched me. And I thank you for your blessings.
What a wonderful person God put in this world. How blessed I am to have this memory. This memory of Jerry and HIS family.
Thank you! Thank you!
Paula Lively
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth
(Chorus)
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
Candy,
Just wanted you to know that I am lifting you up today in prayer. Jerry's Little Rock service was so hard, but meant so much to us all. Thank you for doing 2 funerals. I really don't know how you did it. I think that many lives were touched. As I was leaving, I heard a man say to another man, " See ya! I am going home to spend some time with my kids." I think that you will never know how many lives that were touched by Jerry and by the services that you gave in honor of him. We are praying that God will carry you now in this time of grief and that he will make his plans for your life clear.
I love you,
Dana
Post a Comment