Dear Friends,
As you now know, my sweet Jerry passed away this afternoon around 4:25 pm Pacific Time. He fought strong until the end and I never left his side. I think I kissed every inch of his body! I want each of you to know that I believed, even until his very last breath, that God was in total control. We serve such a gracious and loving God, and Jerry has met him face to face...imagine that! I can picture him now bicycling down streets of gold and singing and shouting praises to God.
I praise God I was awarded the gift of marriage to Jerry for 18 wonderful years. He was a good man. A faithful husband. A wonderful Daddy. An excellent provider. He always went above and beyond and had such a generous heart and kind spirit. I am proud myself and honored to be able to say that EVERYONE ALWAYS LIKED JERRY! He was always well respected in all areas of his life. Even I always noticed that and was so very happy that he was my man! Thank you God for the gift of Jerry.
I hope that each of you who has followed Jerry's health news the last few weeks have found your faith in God strengthened beyond measure. God is still good! And if you don't know the God that we serve, please know that HIS grace is sufficient and covers all. If you call unto him, he will meet you where you are.
"For it is by grace you are saved, through faith - and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, least any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9)
Jerry can honestly say:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:7-8)
I love you Jerry ~ Candy
We love you Daddy ~ Natalie and Joshua
FYI There will be a service in California for all our loving friends God has surrounded us with these past 2 years and a service in Little Rock, AR for all our loving friends and family that God surrounded us with for 16 years of our married life. Details later.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
Let God lead you through the days to come & release it all to him! Let me know what I can do here in Little Rock. We love you all!
Candy-
Your strength and courage have been a marvelous witness to us and to those around you. Words can't express how we feel for you and the kids right now. Praise the Lord that the separation is only temporary!
-Scott and Jennifer
Candy;
Your faith and strength has taught me so much. YES, you are right, Jerry is now with God right by his side and he is watching you and the kids from up above. He is happy and free in the heavens. Please let us know what we can do for you. Michael-Anthony wants Joshua to know that now he gets to be with Ignaz (our K-9 dog that past away in April). And that they are both will take care of us here on earth. Children are so strong. Be God always be with you always. Our prayers are with you.
Your friends, The Claytors.
Candy,
I just got off the phone with Tamey and had to sit down and write. My thoughts are with you, Natalie and Joshua, and I pray that God will continue giving you strength and peace through the rough days ahead.
Amy
We love you dearly and continue to pray for you. We are praying for God to hold you closely. We are here for you whatever you need.
Wendy and Jim
We have been with you the whole time in prayer and will continue. Our hearts are so heavy with grief. We pray for your continued strength and comfort during this time. But we celebrate Jerry's life and look forward to seeing him in Glory.
WE LOVE YOU, NATALIE AND JOSHUA!
David, Becky and Molly
Dearest Candy,
Your strength and faith have been such an inspiration to me over these few weeks. We continue to pray for you and the children, that you will feel peace and comfort in the days to come. What a huge comfort it is to know that Jerry will be waiting for you on the other side and that your family is eternal.
Sending you much love and many hugs,
Michele Villano
Candy,
My words can't express my feelings for you, the kids and all your families. Jerry could not have asked for a better wife and I know he is so proud of how you cared for him in this battle. I've known you since I was 4 years old and have always admired you. I've never been prouder of you than I am now. How blessed Natalie and Joshua are to have one of the strongest women around as their Mom! Your words made me think of a beautiful song by Chris Rice called Breakfast Table...
Was it a million miles to heaven
Too far to hear my lonely song
Or is it just my imagination I hear you humming along
I only hold you in my dreams now
I wake up with cold and empty arms
Lord help me get through this long night without you
And soon as the morning comes
Soon as the morning comes
Save me a seat at the breakfast table
Save me a dance around the Milky Way
And save me a thousand years to whisper in your ears
All I’ve wanted to say
Save me a smile and an angel’s feather
Save me a walk down the streets of gold
And baby, we’ll change our minds just like old times
And maybe we’ll just fly away
Or maybe we’ll stay
My lucky doll, you’re in heaven before me
You were my taste of heaven here
Remember we loved to talk about it, we couldn’t wait to get there
So you go on and find your way around now
But remember I’m here missing you
Do me a favor and say hey to Jesus
And tell him I’m missing him too
Tell him I’m missing him too
Then save me a seat at the breakfast table
Save me a dance around the Milky Way
And save me a thousand years to whisper in your ears
All I’ve wanted to say
Save me a smile and an angel’s feather
Save me a walk down the streets of gold
And baby, we’ll change our minds just like old times
And maybe we’ll just fly away
Or maybe we’ll stay
-In Christ Love,
April Isbell Lewis
Candy,
My heart goes out to you and the kids on this very difficult day. May God continue to bless you and keep you strong. You are an amazing wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend! Jerry was a gentleman in every sense of the word!! God has special plans for him! We will continue to pray BOLDLY for you and your family.
-Mark and Amanda
To the Anderson Family,
I recall meeting you all for the 1st time when you came to Santa Barbara, a smile from Candy, a strong handshake from Jerry, and here I was feeling like I should be welcoming you but instead I felt like all of us were being welcomed into the way of the Anderson's. Your Family shared with all of us so much positive energy and good will that we are all better people for having been a part of your Family. I think back to what seems like just a few weeks ago on a weekend at campus point, Amy and I looked over and there was Jerry, wetsuit on and heading out to enjoy some ocean time. I recall asking him after he got out how were the waves to which he replied "I am not very good, so it does not really matter, I just enjoy being in the water", in that statement Jerry was a seasoned surfer and had life all figured out. Jerry has now passed on to all of us the responsibility of trying our best to live our lives with Jerry like enthusiasm and good will towards all.
To Candy, I would like to say thank you for sharing the last few weeks with all of us, your strength is all inspiring and remember that Jerry is always just a memory away. To Natalie and Joshua, always know that your Father was a Gentleman among men and that all of who he was lives inside of you.
Peace to the entire Anderson Family
Budd Jamieson
Candy,
My heart goes out to you, Natalie, Joshua,Jerry's parents,siblings,and the entire family. May God continue to give the amazing courage and resolve you have shown us all during the past few weeks!! Candy, you were an execellent health advocate for Jerry. It is just a reflection of the Godly woman,wife and mother you are.God bless you and keep you during this difficult time! We are continuing to pray BOLDLY for you and the kids!!
-Amanda and Mark
Candy,
Kenon and I would like to offer our deepest condolences and prayers for you tonight. The loss of Jerry in your life and your families is something that we will walk through with you in prayer, a hug when we see you, a shoulder to cry on, and more prayer as we remember our days on earth are truly lived to an audience of one, the Lord Jesus Christ - may we be as faithful as you and Jerry. We are sorry for the way this turned out, Candy. Praying for Josh as I remember how elated he was when he caught that fly ball in right field that Luke hit near him and how proud Jerry was of his lil slugger.
Your SBCC friends, Matt & Kenon
Candy,
I am terribly sorry for your loss, your spirit and faith are admirable and encouraging. I know, because of you,we have all been brought closer to God and that we will love our loved ones stronger now, and have more patience through things in this world that are really not a big deal when you look at the Big picture. You, Natalie and Joshua are constantly in our bold prayers.
In Him,
Kristi Weaver (Kelly Daniels sister)
Candy,
I sit here with tears streaming down my face as I read your blog. What a witness you are for our Lord and Saviour!
As Jesus and Jerry look down on you they are both welling with pride for the child, wife, mom, sister, and friend that you are.
There are smiles on both of their faces today as they witness your strength and courage in this time.
I want to share with you something that was shared with me when my dad died:
“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18.
Look toward heaven, look beyond the clouds, and you will see that the sufferings that you are undergoing here are nothing compared to the glory that God has prepared for you yonder.
Jerry is experiencing all that glory today.
Peace and Love and Prayers,
Vicki Haydon
Candy,
What can I say that has not already been said? You have shown in the past few weeks that you are a very strong woman...a very strong Christian woman. Jerry was very fortunate to have you in his life. I know the days ahead will be very difficult for you. I pray that God's grace and peace will fill your life. Please be assured that you, Natalie, Josh and all your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Much love,
Jill
Candy,
I heard these words of comfort from Casting Crowns and wanted to pass them on to you. I'm praying God's blanket of comfort and protection on you and the children now.
Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
Amen!! I love you, Becky
Candy,
You are an amazing woman. What a testimony you wrote today! It made me cry, but I also admire your strength and ability to still praise God in the midst of your pain.
I remember when we were kids you won a contest called "What a family means to me." Your essay was such a tribute and celebration to those you loved!
You haven't changed a bit. You have clearly treasured every minute that God has given you as a family. You and Jerry have built quite a legacy together.
I wish I could have met him. He sounds like a remarkable guy! I'm thankful that you had 18 wonderful years together.
Praying for you, Natalie and Joshua today.
Kiki
Candy,
Today, reading your blog,I had a flash back to our college days. We were all hanging out at the lake, lounging by the party bardge and waiting for our turn on the ski boat. I can still see Jerry so casual and laid back just enjoying the water, the sun, and the day. He enjoyed every minute of his life. You two were a perfect fit. I will always remember Jerry as that cool, calm, and collected guy who treasured his gift of life and lived it to the fullest. I know that Natalie and Joshua will treasure that gift as well, as Jerry will always be a part of who they are. I will miss his laugh and his ablity to make anyone feel at home no matter where we were. I will just miss him. I love you.
Stephanie
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss! I'm sure it's really hard! I'll be praying for you!
- Joy
We are friends of Scott and Jennifer Johnson's. I just wanted you to know that you are being prayed for here in Minnesota too. May God continue to cover you with his peace and love.
Sue Kurschner
Candy, Natalie & Joshua
We thought of this poem as we have been keeping up with all of you at this time of your life. We would like to pass it on for you at this time.
God hath not promised
Skies always blue
Flower -strewn pathways
All our lives through
God hath not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow
Peace without pain
But God hath promised
Strength for the day
Rest for the labor
Light for the way
Grace for the trials
Help from above
Unfailing sympathy
Undying Love
We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and BOLD prayers.
Carole & Bruce Carter
Missy (our Daughter)
Had to gather the strength to even look at this blog again...
I Love and will miss you my Brother.
We all must go full circle
From God’s hand
Into the hand of God;
Know that no life is a life cut short, For all are lives completed.
But why you???????
We love you Candy, Natalie and Joshua.
from the lepleys
Candy,
We have been praying for Jerry and you since we found out from Shea about his condition. Our hearts are breaking for you, Natalie and Joshua, but we rejoice with you for the gift that Jerry was and will always be. May you be wrapped in the love and comfort of God's grace.
Our love in Christ,
Jon & Terri Davidson
Dear Candy, Natalie and Josh,
Neil and I are so sorry to hear of Jerry's passing. Our thoughts are with you and the kids...
Candy,
I have been so amazed at the strength you have shown through all of this. Jerry could not have chosen a better wife and or a mother for his children! Not to mention a sister-in-law and daughter-in-law. This is still so hard to comprehend! I know God took him from us for a reason. He is in such a better place and we all know that. I know he is up there looking down on us. That has to be our comfort for now and until we meet him again.
He was the best brother anyone could ask for. He was always there whenever I needed him for support and always with words of wisdom.
You know me and Jody always kidded him about being perfect......in my eyes he was about as perfect as any person could be. Obviously he was very well liked and he made friends wherever he went. I can’t begin to express what he meant to me. I loved him so very much and will miss him. I love you and the kids too! God bless you and keep you safe during this very difficult time.
Leanne
Post a Comment