Friday, November 14, 2008

Dear friends outside of California!

We're receiving lots of worried phone calls regarding the wildfires in and near Santa Barbara that you've heard about and seen reported on the news. Just wanted each of you to know that we are not immediately in harms way. Although we were able to watch the flames while standing on our street last night, the fires are about 13 miles south of our home. This morning, we can definitely see a haze of smoke drifting our way across the mountains, but we are in no immediate danger. However, some of the fires are in heavily populated areas and there have already been many homes burned, so please pray for calm winds today to allow the firefighters more ease in getting the fires contained, and so they will not spread uncontrollably. Pray for the safety of everyone!

We love you,

Candy, Natalie and Joshua

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candy,

I'm so glad you updated. Robbie & I immediately thought of you guys when we saw this on the morning news. We continue to pray for you all.

Stacey & Robbie Johnson

Janice Daniell said...

Yep, I too thought about you all! I was hoping you would not have to go through loss of home as well!
Always in my heart & prayers,
Janice

DJGosser said...

Hope things are still "safe" around you all. Keep us posted.

I just caught up on your last couple of blogs and enjoyed so much the stories you posted. Your are always in my prayers dear friend.

Jill Stacy said...

Candy,

I hope you are still out of the "line of fire". How devastating it must be for those who have lost their homes. I pray for safety for you and the children as well as peace and comfort.

Love,
Jill