Dear Friends,I wanted to share this snapshot with you. It was taken in early July 2008 before we knew of Jerry's illness. He looks like a picture of health. It is the last picture that was ever taken of our little family before Jerry's death, so it is now such a treasured and cherished photo. When looking at it, it is hard to believe that just 3 months after this photo was taken Jerry would no longer be with us. We miss him terribly.We have now officially endured our first Christmas and New Year without Jerry's presence. I cannot say that the past few weeks have been a very joyous or merry time, for it was full of much sorrow and sadness. God's peace is not an escape from reality. We still feel pain and struggle. Peace is the rock-solid foundation in that no matter the tears we cry or the sorrow we feel, we know in the depths of our heart that God is with us. We have an assurance that He is in control and the pain that we endure on this earth will be far outweighed by the glory and joy we'll have when we meet Christ face to face."He who is in you is greater than He who is in the world." 1 John 4:4And then, through the midst of our grief, our thoughts turned to Jerry and we were reminded of our hope that we have in knowing exactly where he is, and that we will see him again. One of Joshua's "Christmas Wishes for Our Family" this year was "I hope my Dad has a great Christmas in heaven." I can't even begin to imagine what Christmas in Heaven must be like! Jerry was feasting at a banquet table prepared by our King!Still yet, tears continue to flow frequently every day. I have never cried so much in my entire life. In an earlier blog back in October I shared a quote that I have found to be very comforting to me. I keep finding myself going back to it over and over again. I'm going to share it with you again too.There is a sacredness in tears.They are not the marks of weakness, but of power.They speak more eloquently then ten thousand tongues.They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition,and of unspeakable love.- Washington Irving -My love for Jerry still continues to grow even in his absence. For I did not realize my depth of love for him until he was gone. I love Jerry now even more than ever before.I know God has a master plan for our life. A perfect blueprint that was designed specifically for each one of us. God is involved in every moment of our life. He still sits upon the throne! And, isn't it so very humbling to know that He rejoices over us with singing!"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17Sing louder Lord, sing louder!Candy
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a beautiful picture! And, what beautiful memories you have of Jerry. It is very difficult to face holidays without a loved one. I know you grieve daily, but you still show so much strength and such dependence on God. You are an amazing person. My prayers are with you, Natalie and Joshua.
Much love,
Jill
Hi Candy~
What a beautiful picture of you and your family. I live in Minnesota and am good friends with Jennifer and Scott Johnson. I have been following your blog since Jerry's illness. I have not stopped praying for you, Natalie, and Josh. Your words are so encouraging to me, and I often wonder could I be so strong, Lord?
Thank you for continuing to update your blog. You have touched more lives with this than you may know.
I will continue to pray for you and your kids.
1 Peter 1:6-8, "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise a and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Love In Jesus Name,
Rebecca Marshaw
Hey Candy,
I just wanted you to know that I am still praying for you. I know that the holidays must have been so hard for you. But, you made it ! God is good! I just wanted to encourage you to be sure to spend time alone with God each day and to pour out your heart to him. In a very hard time in my life, my time spent with him was the only thing that kept me going. He just held me and filled me with his love and presence and hope. It is my prayer that he does the same for you. I am always here if you need me.
I love you,
Dana
I know you will treasure that picture. We're still praying and lifting you up. Your openess and honesty show how strong your faith is, even in the midst of tears. I am sure there will be more people in heaven because of your testimony.
We love you,
Laura
Post a Comment