Dear Friends,
I think today has been a good day for Jerry and I was very encouraged. Most of his vital signs remained very stable today - with the exception of his heart rate which wanted to spike occasionally, but the doctors are taking measures to help control it and assure me that they are watching him very closely. He was able to maintain being on 60% oxygen for 24 hours which was the first time it has been consistently stable since he's been on the ventilator (Mark & Amanda, I think of you EVERY TIME the respiratory therapists come into his room!) He ran a fever during the night last night which got as high as 104 and was placed on a "cooling" blanket. They can turn it on as needed and it cools his body down. His white blood cell count is on the rise...AND now we are praying that it doesn't get too high, which would signal infection??? They sent in a lot of lab work and cultures to check for various infections and we will know the results by tomorrow. However, he cocked his eyes open today more than he has any other day so far and turned his head to the sound of voices as we spoke to him. He also moved his legs...I get so excited when I see this type of improvement! I am anxious to counsel with his Oncologist and Pulmonary doctors tomorrow and formulate a plan for Jerry for the week. Hopefully he'll be strong enough to have a 2nd round of chemo. I noticed today that his hair is now really beginning to fall out from the first round that he had.
Please be assured that I read every e-mail/comment that I receive from each of you. I so want to respond to everyone, but of course as you know, it's impossible. Please rest assured though that I am receiving all of your messages. SEVERAL of you have specifically commented to me that your children are praying for "Mr. Jerry" as well and that they even ask you how he is doing each day! This warms my heart immensely - especially since many of these little ones have never even met the man they are praying for! Children can be such prayer warriors and though I know God hears all of our prayers, I think I agree with Billie H. that He must hear the little voices of children with more grace and happiness because they come to Him with such childlike faith and expect to be answered! Please join these little ones and pray with the simple childlike faith that they are exhibiting: the Mooneyham girls, Cantrell girls, Green children, Van Lenten children, Johnson children, NHS Heather's little boy and Billie's little Kindergarten Sunday School class - and I know there are many others!
Father give Jerry the endurance to run the race and not give up, for You have said that "a righteous man may fall seven times and rise again" (Proverbs 24:16).
Praying boldly,
Candy
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Candy,
Gordon, David, I and all of 2BC are praying without ceasing for Jerry, for you and for Natalie and Joshua. You cannot imagine how you have inspired faith in all of us as we have followed your living hope in God for Jerry's life.
Please remember that it is neither selfish nor unloyal to take care of yourself. Indeed, it is the very opposite! This journey has been long and will be longer, and in order for you to remain strong for Jerry and the kids, you'll have to strenthen yourself (remember the instructions given by the airline stewards: "place your oxygen mask on first . . .")
Please take every offer you have from those in CA who are close enough to help and let God use them to give you rest.
We love you and are praying for you,
Dianne Swaim
Oh Candy, this will be a good week. I can feel it. It sounds so hopeful about his breathing & white blood cell count. And I love that verse about a righteous man. That is Jerry! Call me for anything. Love, Jenny!
Candy,
Thank you for sharing this news. How can we get some of the bracelets?
Take care of yourdelf.
Love, Angie
Candy,
Just wanted to let you know that our family is thinking of you each and everyday! We hope that Jerry will soon be back home and healthy!
Candy;
Good news. This will be a good week. We are all prayig for Jerry, you and the kids. Please take care of yourslef too ok? Your faith is sooooo big Candy. I am so inspired by you. We are praying praying praying.
Ursula
Post a Comment