| Monday, Sept. 22 Just another "Jerry" update. This afternoon the doctors did insert one tube on each of Jerry's sides to continually drain the fluid from around his lungs. It immediately drained about 1 liter from each side again. The fluid is not in the lungs, but in the cavity area outside of the lungs in the chest wall. This allows his lungs to be able to inflate and breathe easier. The fluid drained is infected with a staph infection - which scared me intensely when I heard it, but the doctor assured me that Jerry is on massive amounts of strong antibiotics. He also has the beginnings of an infection in his colon which oddly enough is caused by taking so many antibiotics - in which you take another antibiotic to clear that infection. Please pray for all infections to clear and that no new infections will form anywhere and especially around the tubes that have been placed in his sides for the fluid drainage. And, please pray for continued strength for me as the days are now beginning to be so long. I am longing to just be able to talk to him again and miss "my Jerry" (he is completely sedated). Also pray for his lungs to heal and his oxygen levels to balance correctly. We are praying that he can heal enough to be able to come off the ventilator so he can "wake up" and open his eyes and talk. We are taking it one step at a time, and one day at a time, and tomorrow will be a whole new day - I still have such hope! I cannot thank you enough for the outpouring of love and support we've received and all your words of encouragment through cards and e-mails. As I stayed with Jerry last night at the hospital, I was texting back and forth all night with my brother and sister as they stayed up the entire night with me (in Memphis, TN) and prayed for a miracle for Jerry. Several of my friends have told me today that they also were up most of the night praying for Jerry and his healing. I love you all so dearly! Even as we see small improvements we know that your prayers are working. God never tires from his children praying to him, in fact He asks us to be persistent in our prayers and not to give up. I truly am believing and praying for Jerry's health to be totally restored. Please continue to pray along with me. Love, Candy Jeremiah 29:11 |
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
My heart goes out to you Candy! I am humbled by the presence of your courage, faith and trust in God. My prayers, along with the prayers of hundreds of others, is sincere and hopeful...and BOLD too, upon your request:).
God Bless you and your family!
Charlie
Candy,
You may not remember me, but I was in school with Brent & Tracy. Brent even works at Walgreen's with my sister-in-law. We are also close friends with Stuart & Michelle Reid - Michelle has been forwarding your updates. I just wanted you to know that our family lifts Jerry to our Father in Heaven each day and often throughout the day. We are praying for him to be healed to the glory of God and for you, your kids, and other family to have grace and strength for each day.
In His grace,
Stacey (Canada) Johnson
Candy,
Jerry, you and the kids are in my prayers. I've always admired you so and that grows daily with how you are facing the biggest fight of your life. How truly blessed Jerry is to have you by his side and steadfastly petitioning on his behalf. I know he is receiving excellent care by the earthly physicians and I know the Great Physician hears your prayers. Love,
April Isbell Lewis
Candy,
I am Mike and Tamey Craig's sister/sister-in-law (and Bob and Kim's niece). Just want you to know that our church, my Stephen Ministry group, and friends are praying for you and Jerry. Thank you for the specific prayer requests. We want to be united in our petitions to Our Saviour for your Jerry. Your direction gives us focus, strength, and power in our prayers.
"Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Blessings and hugs,
Catherine Craig Threlkeld
Candy,
Our prayers for Jerry have been lifted up here in Little Rock. We have prayed for a miracle so that Jerry and you and the kids will have an amazing story to tell about our powerful God.
May God's strength and courage fill you during these long days.
Prayerfully,
Vicki Haydon
Candy, Jerry and Family-
Jennifer and I are praying (along with CrossPoint Church in Bloomington, MN) for God's miraculous healing for Jerry. We love you dearly and will follow along as God's reveals his sovereign plan.
P.S. -- I talked to Edd in Wyoming this morning and he is praying for you too.
Scott & Jennifer Johnson
My family's praying, too!
Today I am singing in my heart one of my favorite songs for you...
Made Me Glad by Hillsong
I will bless the Lord forever.
I will trust Him at all times.
He has delivered me from all fear.
He has set my feet upon a rock.
And I will not be moved.
And I'll say of the LORD.
You are My Shield, My Strength,
My Portion, Deliverer,
My Shelter, Strong Tower,
My very present help in time of need.
We love you and our family, friends, and church are praying for you all!
Michelle Reid
I am so glad I got to talk to you yesterday! You sounded good. You are the strongest person I know. I pray that God keeps giving you strength for Jerry. It sounds like he is in good hands and we will continue praying daily for him! Call me anytime to vent. I love you, Jenny!
Candy, we are praying for Jerry daily, throughout the day multiple times! We are praying for a miracle for him and peace for you and the kids. We know that none of this has caught God by surprise and He is with you all the way. We love you guys so much, and hope you know the special place you have in our hearts!
Kevin and Dana
Candy and family,
As you quoted, Jer.29:11, I felt the Lord speak to me. That is what I refer to as my "Life Verse". It gets me thru anything and everything. It was my saving Grace when Dad was in his final days. I want to tell you your strength and faith is unmeasurable. I am praying not only daily, but by the hour for Jerry and the rest of you. The Lord can do all things...
Angie Clayton Byrd
Candy, I'm sorry for all the pain your family has endured the last few weeks. I've known your family for along time. Jerry has always had the cute hair cut. Please tell Joe and Carolyn that we love them and are praying for all of you. Love you dearly, Brenda Craig
Dear Candy
My name is Tommy Gartman I was teammate of Jerry's in highschool. All I can say he was the best teammate A guy could ever hope for. He was great leader, a great person and a hell of a football player. I take great comfort in knowing that he's now playing linebacker for the greatest team of all in heaven. My only saddness is that I didn't get to see him one last time, or meet you and the kids. If his son ever wants to hear some story's of just how tuff and how good of a athlete his dad was I can help. When I heard the news of his passing my first thoughts were of the "only the good die young" that has never been more true than in Jerry's case. I will keep you and your family in my prayers always.
In God's name
Tommy
Post a Comment