Dear Friends,
Jerry will begin his second round of chemo today, and the plan is to have chemo for 5 straight days. Pray that his body will tolerate this and that he will be able to have all treatments as planned. He has had a slight fever, but his Oncologist met with me this morning and he feels that due to Jerry's lung condition and circumstances, he just can't wait any longer. The hopes are that this second round will really jump start the process to help the tumors in his lungs begin to shrink. His respiratory distress is what the doctors are aiming at really trying to alleviate at the moment, which means that the lungs must begin to show progress and begin to clear themselves of the cancer masses (the doctor also stated that this is now the only way to get him off the ventilator is to have the tumors dispelled), and he would like to have him off the ventilator as soon as possible.
High spikes in his heart rate have begun again today. It is hard to tell for certain what is causing them, but they keep tweaking medications, etc. in hopes of getting it under the control. The main problem is that the "medicine of choice" for his heart is hard on the lungs and so he cannot have it. Pray that his heart will stay strong and balanced and also that his heart will work as God has designed it to work!
I will post another update tonight. The CCU nursing supervisor (from Arkansas) told me about this wonderful library on the 2nd floor with several computers that I can log onto and use during the day!
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24)
Praying boldly,
Candy
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Candy,
I am constantly praying for you and your family. God uses those that are faithful to do his work. This circumstance has helped me to teach my children to pray. You are a tower of strength. I love you and lift you up.
Michele
Candy, I read these verses this morning and immeadiately prayed them for your family...
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world!"
**I LOVE that one... I think it is so encouraging!
Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverence, perserverence character, and character HOPE. And hope does not put us to shame because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
Candy, to be honest, I think your postings to us are far more encouraging and uplifting that you'll know! I look forward to reading them and I have faith God will heal Jerry's body. Your family is in my prayers throughout the day, we love you!
Candy,
We will continue to pray for Jerry's body to be strong for these treatments. There is not a moment in the day that you are not all in our prayers.
Love, Angie
Candy,
I just want to echo all of the other comments. You'll never know the number of people praying for God's healing on Jerry's body. I'm also praying boldly for rest and peace for you. After praying for Jerry, the kids also pray for Natalie and Joshua. They know they miss their daddy. You are amazing and your strength and faith are touching lives everywhere. We are praying without ceasing.
We love you,
Laura and Paul
I hope you are staying strong. I hope Jerry's chemo works wonders this week. Macey wanted to know "what is cancer?" She says, he is too young to have cancer! I agree. Sleep good Candy & we are all behind you in prayer! Love, Jenny
Candy,
Steve wanted to pick up Owen and Joshua today from soccer...He took them for a special treat, Josh picked Coldstone Ice Cream, so the 3 "boys" had Coldstone for dinner!
We think of Jerry, you, Natalie and Joshua daily and send our prayers and warmest thoughts.
Love, Nicole
Post a Comment