Dear Friends,
Tonight will be Jerry's 17th night in the hospital. He had a good night last night. In fact, his night nurse even called me at home around 9:00 pm and said that she had asked him if he would like to hear my voice and he nodded yes, so she placed the phone to his ear and I spoke to him for a minute. I am so very appreciative for the CCU nursing staff and especially the ones that take such a special interest in Jerry and really work with him to progress his health. Several times they have called me at home before going off their shift just to let me know how he did through the night!
I feel like Jerry had a very good day again today too. He continued to open his eyes slightly and move his head from side to side to turn to the sound of our voices. His heart rate never spiked today as it did yesterday...so see, your prayers for Jerry are already being answered! He had fever again today, but it was controllable. All of his lab work and cultures came back negative for infections, so that is such wonderful news. It's hard to know for sure what's causing the fever, but please pray that he won't run a high fever during the night or tomorrow. He will be able to start a second round of chemo tomorrow only if he doesn't have fever. Also, pray again that the chemo will really kick in and the lung tumors will begin to respond and shrink. According to his daily x-rays, his lungs have not improved. However, it does appear that the spread or growth of new cancer has been halted (it's just that the existing tumors are not shrinking).
Persist in your prayers with the faith of a mustard seed! "Faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains" (Matthew 17:20).
I'd like to see the Santa Ynez mountains be moved! Jerry's hospital window faces these mountains and I look out each day and am reminded that our God is "God of the Mountains."
Praying boldy,
Candy
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Candy we cry out to our God whom does great things. I tell and remind God of His great faithfulness and ask for this world to see more of His amazing miracls. Taya was able to play with Joshua at Jesses birthday sat. and had a blast. He was running and playing and laughing, a much needed distraction I'm sure. I also keep trying to find my nursing friends that might be working and caring for you guys to let them know how incredibly special you guys are. We continue to lift Jerry and your whole family up do our great father that IS carring for you now. He knows this path and I pray you feel Him walking with you. He has never left me in times of trials and will help you win this race He has laid out for you.
Much love to you Candy, love Shanda
Candy,
I haven't written yet, but know that our family has been praying since day one. We have faith in our God and know that He has everything under control. How blessed we are to serve a faithful God and what a testimony your faith is to those of us who know you! I have Jerry on Immanuel's prayer list as well, so know that he is being prayed for here!
We love you! Traci
Candy,
I thank God for your witness! I thank him for the strength he gives you every day.
I pray for restful times, for peace for you and Natalie and Joshua. I pray for all those who are caring for Jerry. I pray for the miracle of healing.
Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
Praying with you!
Vicki Haydon
Candy,
How our family prays daily for healing for Jerry. I could so relate to your post about needing wisdom to make decisions for him. My husband, Robbie, is also a cyclist and was hit by a truck in August. The pressure of making those huge treatment decisions is a weight that the Holy Spirit can lift, as I also experienced. We continue to stand in the gap for Jerry, you, your kids, and your families.
In His Grip,
Stacey(Canada)Johnson
Hey Candy,
Great news again about Jerry! We are praying daily for a complete recovery. We pray that Jerry will be a walking, talking testimony about how good God is. We pray for your continued strength and guidance as you make the decisions surrounding his treatments. We love you and look forward to the next good report.
Hi Candy! I finally signed up for an account on google so I could write to you. I miss you on the school grounds! Please know that you, Jerry, Joshua and Natalie are in my thoughts day and night. I walked by your house today and lifted my hand in prayer for your whole family. You have an amazing strength that most of us long for. That kind of strength only comes from the Holy Spirit who truly lives inside YOU!!
Psalm 62 says "Only in God is my soul at rest, through HIM comes my salvation. He alone is my rock, my strength. My stronghold, my savior, I shall not be afraid at all. I shall not be moved!"
Praying BOLDLY to our Creator and Savior,
Much love, Dawn
Post a Comment