Dear Friends,
Today was day 12 since Jerry first entered the hospital and he has been in CCU 9 of these 12 days. I am even beginning to lose track of the days myself and thought it was Tuesday all day until @ 5:00 pm this afternoon I looked at the white erase board in his room and it had Wednesday posted as the day of the week...the days are beginning to feel very long. Jerry shows little glimmers of improvement here and there and then little setbacks as well. He was back to being sedated again today, had a fever (but it seemed to be controllable), and his heart rate was high all day. However, on the good side, his blood pressure and oxygen level were stable and good most of the day! As for now, the plan for tomorrow is to try to begin the weaning process again to wean him from the ventilator and place him back on a Bi-Pap machine - it's a heavy duty breathing mask - so pray that he will find success in this! And again, we are praying for a miracle that the tumors in his lungs will show signs of responding to the chemo and begin shrinking. His doctor this afternoon, said "keep hoping." Pray that the doctors and the "Tumor Board" will be able to witness a miracle in Jerry's life! I still believe in one and have claimed this verse today: "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" Romans 12:12
Remember, strong bold prayers!
"Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9 (thanks Catherine for reminding me of this)
Love,
Candy
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Hi Candy;
We are definitely praying for Jerry and your family. You are such a strong example of a true believer. I am praying for Jerry's healing, patience and peace for you and your family through this process, and wisdom and guidance for the medical staff caring for Jerry and handling his case.
I pray that God will be glorified by the miracle of Jerry's healing, and others around you will see how great our God is.
p.s. I have alot of Christian songs I can download onto Natalie's ipod for you--new and old; I really enjoy listening to them and think Jerry would too.
Sending our love to you, Susan Glancy
Psalm 68:19-20
Praise the Lord; praise God our savior! For each day He carries us in His arms. Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death. Candy may the Lord carry all of you today and shrink that tumor TODAY!
We love you, The Hill family
Candy,
I have this verse, or part of a verse, on a sticky note on my computer. When I read it this morning I thought about you. It is 2 Timothy 2:1...be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. You are so strong. I know you rely on Jesus for your strength. I am lifting you all up in prayer daily. I believe God is going to show his mighty power in this situation.
Love,
Jill
Hi Candy,
We are Praying for Jerry and Your Family. You are a strong believer.The Bible says that by his stripes we are healed. I say this all during the day, that by his Stripes Jerry Anderson is healed.We are believing this. We are all one big Family with God and God loves all his children. Joe is my son-in-law or the son I never had. He makes my daughter very happy and her children. We are sending our love and prayers to your family.
Love,
Corky & Patricia Kirby
Candy,
You may not remember me, but I am Ashley Philbricks cousin. Just wanted you to know that we have been praying for Jerry, you, and the kiddos!
~rebekah chandler gates
Candy,
Hey! Just wanted to tell you again that we are still praying for you and for Jerry. The picture of you on the blog is so beautiful. I know that God has a purpose for this trial and pray that his Glory will be seen in it all. Your faith is strong and hopefully someone who needs to see God will see him in you.We love you and wish we could be there with you. Keep up the positive thoughts. May God hold you up today!!!
Love,
Dana Rouse
Hi Candy!
Thanks so much for taking the time to write with udates. All your friends here in Little Rock are praying boldly for Jerry! Your faith is so inspiring for me. I admire how you are handling this, and pray for your continued strength. All my love!
Amy
Hi Candy,
I just wanted to let you know that Arliss and I are praying for you all every day. I was moved today when you said your verse was Romans 12:12 -- that became my verse during the time about 8 years ago I had a round with cancer. I know the power of prayers and have felt them in my life. I know you all are being prayed for by many, many people and I hope that will give you much hope as these days seem to be running together.
Sue Dickerson
Jonesboro,AR
Candy,
Andrea let me know what was going on with you guys. I am so sorry you are going through this! We are praying for you today, and believing God for a miracle.
Kiki
Post a Comment