Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dear Friends,

Jerry's vital signs remained fairly stable throughout the day which we are very thankful for. His white blood cell count has gone back up and we no longer have to wear face masks while in his room - which is also great news. Pray that he will be strong enough to have another round of chemo early this week, and specifically that the lung tumors will begin to shrink in hopes that his respiratory distress issues will be resolved and he can be weaned from the ventilator. He has been on the ventilator for one week now. The longer he stays on the ventilator the risk of infection increases among other problems...and I so don't want him to have to have a tracheotomy.

Please pray for Natalie and Joshua. They really miss their daddy. It has been 10 days since they have seen him, and I want him to be off the ventilator and awake before they see him again so he can talk to them. The CCU is a very frightening place for children, and besides, it is totally heartbreaking to see him in the condition he is in right now even for me. I really miss him as well. As I sat beside his bed today and prayed I thought - I can't wait to hear him laugh again!

1 Peter 5:10-11 "But may the God of grace who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you. To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever."

Praying boldly,

Candy

6 comments:

Shea said...

Candy,
Jerry is a lucky man. Your faithfulness and love are touching. One day we will be able to tell Jerry about all that you have done for him. Keep up the faith and remember that when you ask for prayer, people respond. Let us know when there are specific things to pray for. When you were telling us about Jerry wearing Natalie's ipod, I wondered if there was a TV in his room. SportsCenter might be a good idea. I think every time we visited you guys he was watching sports. Even though I am the one who responds to your emails, you know LeAnn is always thinking of you. We love you and the kids. Cast your cares on Him, he has big shoulders.
Shea

Joy Ort said...

Dear Candy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on Jerry with this wonderful blog. I anxiously wait for each new entry.

How your strength and faith inspire me! You are one awesome lady. But, I know this all has to be taking an emotional and physical toll on you so I pray for extra strength and rest for you. I pray all during the day and night for Jerry, you, the kids and all who love and care for Jerry and your family. I pray small breath prayers everytime I think of you, and at other times I pray BOLD prayers for healing and miracles. My heart breaks for you with all you are dealing with, and I rejoice with you for every small improvement or piece of good news.
Keep looking upward and know that many prayers are being sent on behalf of you and Jerry.

You always have wonderful scriptures in your writings and one I would like to share with you is my favorite Psalm...it is one of the shortest Psalms but packs so much punch! It is Psalm 121. My favorite versions are from the NIV and the Message, but whichever version you read it reminds us of how BIG our GOD is and that He is ALWAYS with us.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot slip-
He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord watches over you-
The Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all harm-
He will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore."
Psalm 121 (NIV)

God Bless you!

With many prayers,
Joy Ort
2BC

Robinplace said...

Candy,
Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Jerry Pat, he is in my constant thoughts and I am praying to the core of my soul that he will pull through this. You have been an amazing wife and partner and the family is so lucky that Jerry has you and your endless strength in his life. Please hug and kiss him for me and tell him that I love him. I can't wait to see those dimples and hear his laugh around the pool next summer.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Andersons,
You have all been in my thoughts since I heard the news this weekend. Reading through the comments I can tell that I'm just one of the many people who is lucky enough to know yall. I really miss getting to work with Jerry - he's such a great guy who makes everyone around him better & happier. Candy, thanks so much for creating the blog to keep us updated.

Ross G

Melissa_Anderson said...

Candy,
I wanted to write and tell you that we are praying boldly on the east coast as well! Jerry Pat is unbelievably lucky to have you, and you make sure and tell him I said that! Not only has your blog been great as far as keeping us updated with Jerry Pat's progress, but they have helped me personally in ways you'll never know. As I'm sure you know, my mom was diagnosed with cancer a little over a month ago, and will begin radiation and chemo this week. You're words have so inspired me to stay positive through these very difficult times, and have reinvigorated my faith in so many ways.Your undying faith is so refreshing, and I am so glad that I get to read your words. I have passed this link on to friends and co-workers, and while they don't know you, they all wanted me to let you know that you have inspired them, and they are praying boldly as well. Aunt Laurie said it best the other day when she said, "Both coasts are pulling on our heart strings, and we are so lucky to have so many family members praying each and every day!" Please know that we are all thinking and praying for Jerry Pat, you, and Natalie and Joshua.
We love y'all so much!
Melissa, E, Sharon, and Jonathan

Jeni Parks said...

Candy and family, How good is our God that He loves us each as one. Your faith and strength is just what we at NBC, coed 4 have been asking Him for. We know God makes miracles. God's family in Ar, Al, NM, MS are lifting you up. You are always before Him. When you tire close your eyes and reach out. He will touch your hand. We are His and no one can snatch us from His hand...add my love to the many others. Jeni Parks