Hello Friends!
Today has been a ray of sunshine and hope and we are basking in God's goodness, especially since the weekend doctors had painted such a grim picture for us Sunday evening. We credit all of Jerry's progress to your faithfulness in praying for us - keep it up prayer warriors! Jerry had been on 100% oxygen, relied on the ventilator to totally support his breathing, and was completely sedated. TODAY his oxygen level on the ventilator was lowered to 40% and the ventilator is only assisting with his breathing as needed. His sedation level was cut back considerably in an effort to allow him to begin to "awaken" as they are trying to wean him from the ventilator and allow him to breathe on his own! This process may take a few days, but we have such hope! I cannot wait to see his eyes again and hear him speak. Again, continue to pray with boldness for Jerry's recovery and that we'll see progress with each new day:
"God's there, listening for all who pray, for all who pray and mean it." Psalm 145:18
His lungs continue to drain fluid but this assists greatly in helping him breathe and his white blood cell count continues to drop (which is normal after a cycle of chemotherapy) - pray for continued protection from new infection.
The nurse supervisor in CCU where Jerry is has been on vacation. She was back on the job today and met us in the elevator for the first time. She is from Heber Springs, AR!!! She promised me that her 'Arkansas' patient would get the absolute best of care! God is so good.
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 'Be joyful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."
(A little side of humor never hurts: Joshua has thanked God for electricity the last two nights in his prayers before bed...Lord help him!)
I love each of you,
Candy
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
As someone else posted earlier, we are up all through the night reading your updates! I will be able to go back to sleep and rest after saying a prayer of thanksgiving and continued healing. How exciting it will be when you get to talk to him!
Thank you for the update.
Love,
Stasia
Candy
Know that we are praying for you, Natalie, Joshua and especially Jerry, all of the physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, aids, etc.
God bless you all,
Allyson
Candy,
I am praying for a miracle for Jerry. I know that you, Jerry and all your family will give God the glory and honor when Jerry is healed. I am also praying for physical strength for you. I pray that God will give great wisdom to the doctors who are caring for Jerry. And, I thank God for an "Arkansas nurse" who will take a special interest in Jerry! May God bless you, Natalie, Joshua and all your family as you travel this difficult road.
Jill
Well, I couldn't say it any better than Jill did! I love you and your family, Candy. I wish y'all were closer to "home", but at least you have an Arkie nurse to help in Jerry's care. I just read this quote off of one of my neice's emails and thought it sounded just right for you:
It has been said that there are three stages in every great work for God...
first, it's impossible; second, it's difficult; & third, it's done.
Love & Prayers
Janice
Dear Candy,
I am moved every day by your ability to put into words this journey and explanation for everyone. Your strength and conviction are a blessing to us all. Take care of yourself. Love to Josh and Natalie, too. We continue to pray boldly and thank you for teaching us this incredible lesson.
Love , Angie and Fritz
Candy,
Thank you for teaching me how to pray using scripture! I thank God for you powerful witness for him.
Our prayers are for Jerry's miracle healing, the doctor's and nurses, for your strength and rest, for your precious children, and all the family members.
Love and prayers,
Vicki Haydon
Candy,
Ally let me know about Jerry and I am so glad for this blog so we can keep up with his progress.
Our prayers for healing for Jerry and for strength and peace for you, Natalie, and Joshua.
Love,
Lori, David, Rachael & Trevor
I love the picture! I'm so glad Jerry is breathing more on his own. Macey prays for MR. Jerry (remember how she used to be scared of him). Stay strong & we are all behind you. Prayers from Little Rock, Jenny!
I love the picture! I am so glad that Jerry is breathing on his own. Macey prays for MR. Jerry (remember how she used to be scared of him). Stay strong & we are behind you. Prayers from Little Rock, Jenny!
Post a Comment