Friday, September 26, 2008

Dear Friends,

I was reminded today that Jerry was supposed to ride in a "Century Ride" tomorrow with a group of his bicycling buddies. For those of you unfamiliar with cycling, that is a 100 mile ride! His cycling buddies stopped by our home tonight and picked up two of Jerry's cycling jerseys to carry with them on the ride tomorrow in honor of Jerry! Thanks guys! Jerry will be so honored!

A special thanks to Chad...I received the "Livestrong Jerry" bracelets today. What a nice surprise and special treat. We are all wearing them and I gave some to his cycling buddies and they will also be wearing them tomorrow during their ride.

In addition, Jerry's cousin in Pasadena, Melissa, is running tomorrow in a race to raise money for cancer awareness. She has raised $1,000 so far and will be running with Jerry's name on her shirt and in honor of him! Thanks Melissa...and run hard!

Now I really can't wait for him to awaken so I can tell him how much everyone loves him. I am completely humbled by all the love and support we have been given.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

Praying boldly,

Candy

7 comments:

Angie Clayton Byrd said...

Candy,

I am sensing the "Old Candy" that I have always known. The peace that God has provided you thru all this is an answer to MY prayers. I am anxious every day to get your updates. As soon as I do, I call mom and read them to her..then we pray. Please know Jerry is on our mind 24/7. The Lord is good

Pete said...

Candy, you are a breath of fresh air. You are truly glorifying God in your comments. I know that your continued optimism is a factor in Jerry's survival, and eventually his health. God is SO good! You are testifying to his grace. I enjoy reading your blog. Try to post every day if you can. My daughter and her kids are staying with us this week. She and they are joining in praying for Jerry. Please rest and relax as much as you can, so you can continue to be a good Mommy! God bless you guys.

Unknown said...

Candy -

Scott and I will be wearing our Livestrong bracelets in Jerry's honor at the US Open Triathlon in Dallas next weekend. Just wanted you to know that he will be thought of and prayed for all around the country. Blessings.

Angie Clayton Byrd said...

Candy,

Angie has been reading me your reports on Jerry (as I don't have a computer) and I have been keeping my S.S. Class informed, so you can be sure we are all praying boldly for Jerry and you and the children. Matt. 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. These verses have been a comfort to me many times when I felt helpless and down. Hope they help you.

In Jesus Name,
Betty Clayton

Cindy Dollins-Rhoades said...

Candy, Jerry Pat and kids,

I am so thankful for this site. I was just able to get on it tonight (computer had a virus) and previously had to rely on messages from mom that came from you, through June through Aunt Laurie through E and so on and so on. So I think the messages sometimes get a little messed up (as i'm sure you can imagine espically coming from this family-God love them!).
We are all praying of you ALL every second of the day and admire how positive and strong you have been this whole time. I am so glad Jerry Pat found you and that you are by his side taking such good care of him. I stand behind any decision you choose to make and know that you will make the best possible decisions that you can make for Jerry Pat, you and the kids.
Jeannie had made the comment how chemo actually changed mom's coloring and outward appearance as she was being injected and also sometime afterward but at some point her coloring did return, her illnesses faded, she did get better and is now a little over 4 years cancer free (thank you God). This is a roller coaster ride and it's so hard seeing a loved one have to go through such sickness and pain but the good thing is that you all have a wonderful support system in each other, your families and friends. Please take care of yourself too Candy. Cry if you need to cry, scream if you need to scream, and laugh if you need to laugh. We are all here for you.
Looking forward to seeing you all at the annual family reunion next summer and for many years to come. Can't wait to hear that distinctive laugh of Jerry Pat's-he really is a special person that everyone holds dear deep in our hearts.

Love you all,

Cindy, Linda, Jeannie & Laura

Angie and Fritz said...

Dear Candy,

Just wanted to let you know that Melissa's team raised $7,000 this weekend for cancer. It was an incredible and moving journey especially since we have so many people we know and love that have been affected by this disease.

Melissa was very proud to represent Jerry as well as her classmate, Tyler who is happily in remission from germ cell sarcoma.

We love you all and we do believe. Your faith and strength inspire us each and every day.

My family has been very blessed with the love and friendship we have shared.

Love to Josh and Natalie, I know they miss their wonderful dad so much! We are praying with all of our might. Thank you for inspring us all to be thankful and faithful.

Love, Angie, Fritz, Crisda, Laura, Mike, Melissa, Seth and Jacob

astinson said...

Hi Candy, this is Lisa and Al Stinson wanting to encourage you to keeping being the strong person you have proven to be. The Lord is with you and your family during this difficult time and will continue in His strong love for you as you endure this process. We have both spent time with Jerry in the gym and are confident that he will fight his hardest with you, the kids and His Savior in mind.

Please continue to be as strong as you have proven to be and know that you are not in this alone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always.

Al wants Jerry to know that he was at the forefront of his thoughts during the Arkansas vs Texas football game and hopes to visit about the outcome when we arrive back in SB next week!

May your peace be a comfort to those around you.

Lisa and Al