Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello Friends!

Today is day 14 since Jerry entered Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital (and by the way, I'm thinking of day 14 like this: 7 + 7 is 14 and the number 7 represents "perfection and completion" in God's word, so this is a doubly good day and we are expecting great things to happen real soon! His Oncologist and Pulmonary Physician met with me and all of my family this morning regarding the results of Jerry's CT scan he had early today. The scan did not show that the tumors have reduced in size; however, they have NOT grown or spread any further and the lungs otherwise appear healthy. It's just the tumors that are causing his respiratory difficulties and the fluid to build up around his lungs (but the fluid now drains continuously through the tubes they inserted last week). Additionally, a scan was performed on his brain and he did NOT have any spread of cancer to his head!

I have been praying for God's direction and for Him to provide me with guidance and peace each day to know how to respond to the doctors regarding all the decisions that I must make along the way regarding Jerry's health. Yesterday I received words of encouragement from two separate families, one in which a member of their family also had Germ Cell Tumor and their cancer DID NOT respond until the second round of chemo. I felt immediately that this news was the Holy Spirit guiding me and giving me direction to my next step in this process. When the doctors explained everything today, they said we could "try" another round of chemo possibly early next week, but the decision was mine. I knew my answer immediately upon the question and absolutely felt total peace and confidence - I don't even feel like there is a burden upon my shoulders at all. It is amazing how God has lifted me up during the most difficult times I've ever endured in my young life. Which leads me to:

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

I so appreciate all of you that share verses and scripture with me each day and I have used many of the verses throughout my e-mails and now blogs that I send. There are many times that I feel God directly speaking to me through what you have sent and they are so "moment appropriate" for me at the exact time I read them. This is exactly what happened today with the above Isaiah verse (thanks Jeff!)

I'm claiming this verse too each day right now and ask that you'll also claim it along with me, for me and for yourself as well! --

" Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

Jerry's in a WIN - WIN situation. It can't get any better than this!

Praying Boldly,

Candy

6 comments:

ScottJ said...

Candy-

That is wonderful news! Praise the Lord who is always faithful! Just as His mercies are new every morning, so we anticipate each new post to see what He is doing.

-Scott

P.S. I'd like to say I'm praying boldly like you did "in bold," but the only thing it will let me do is ALL CAPS, so we're praying in ALL CAPS.

Stasia said...

Lincoln Brewster - Everlasting God
From the album Let The Praises Ring - Best Of Lincoln Brewster

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God You reign forever
Our Hope our strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting

Label: Integrity Music

I had this song and the Isiah verse in my head this morining thinking about Jerry. . .

We are continuing to pray boldly and confidently for ALL of Jerry's family!

Love,
Stasia

Unknown said...

We're pulling for you Jerry! Sounds like you are getting the best possible care. The RedWings defeated every opponent this season in little league. So, we know that your family knows how to WIN! You have the power and strength to defeat this opponent too!
Kevin & Lesley Hall

Brick said...

Candy,

Not only am I asking the Lord to restore Jerry's body to complete health but I'm also asking Him to give you complete and clear discernment as you face these many decisions. Know that I'm also praying for your strength, both physically and emotionally.

God is present!

Scott Philbrick

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear that it hasn't spread & the next round of chemo might do the trick. That is what we hope & pray for! Candy, we all pray out loud every night for Jerry & you. Love, Jenny

laurapaulm said...

Candy,
You are a beautiful example of Psalm 130:5 as you wait on the Lord and put your hope in Him. We are praying by the hour for Jerry's healing, wisdom for the doctors, and for strength for all of you as you wait out these long days. You are being lifted up all over the country. May you find rest in the power of this prayer.
We love you,
Paul & Laura